I used my car jack and some wooden blocks to support the bow section then cut the building frame. I then hoped it would hold together long enough for me to finish it. The deck was self supporting at this stage so the shape of the frame was no so important.
Once the frame was cut I could bend the bow sheets to fit. I temporally screwed them in place then marked the edge of the deck and the keel with a pencil. I then removed the screws and cut the bow sheets to shape. Once the fit was correct I screwed and glued them into place with plenty of epoxy resin.
The next step was to glue and screw the battens at the edge of the hull. Once they were glued down I put epoxy fillets between them and the hull sheets to give a gentle curve. I also carefully filled the joint between the two hull sheets at the keel. To get good fillets I first mixed together the epoxy resin and the filler to a firm paste then put the mixture into a small plastic bag. I then cut off the corner of the bag and used it like a cake-icing bag to dispense the filler on to the joint.
One thing you must be careful of, don’t mix up too much at once because it will set quickly. It also produces a lot of heat while it is going off. If there is a large quantity it can even start to smoke and catch fire so be warned. Don’t mix more than you can use in fifteen minutes or so. To avoid a weak butt joint between the hull sheets I inset a piece of sheet larger than the gap between the sheets. (See the picture above). Once everything was set I put the additional piece of deck sheet in the gap bonding it to the backing sheet and the outer two hull sheets. I then sanded the whole assembly smooth.